Welcome to the Historical Circuit/ milestone 13

Elflein 510 

This Chapel, the first one in the city, was built in 1905 by Primo Capraro. In 1973 it was moved with rails up the hill, from its original location on Moreno St to its actual location on Elflein St. It was built in wood, covered in larch shingle. It caught fire in the early morning of August 30, 2014 and was rebuilt. The new building harmoniously combines stone and larch in its walls and front with cypress wood in its beams and columns. Its roof is made of a synthetic material that recreates the original larch tiles.

The Chapel is complemented by the urban viewpoint on Beschtedt St. with an imposing view of the Cathedral. It is a good place for photo shoots.