Welcome to the Historical Circuit/ milestone 12

Elflein 400/493

The current building, designed by the Architect Warnes and built by Primo Capraro, was inaugurated in 1930. The masonry is made of brick with lime and sand mortar because, at that time and due to the difficulties in transportation, cement was only used in the external cladding of the stone. The north front which faces the lake, preserves its

original hierarchy given by its location on the first morenitic terrace (formed by the accumulation of glacial sediments) of the city . It’s complemented by the landscaping treatment of the slope, with the urban stone stairs on the side streets. The facade on Elflein Street was modified and some extensions made to the original building (gym and classrooms) changed the original compositional quality.